Recently Asked Questions
Q: We are looking to order the Rest Assured king ortho 1000 pocket sprung mattress from Tesco. We have a metal bedstead with wooden slats. Is this mattress suitable for a wooden slatted bedstead? Does it require turning?
It is worth stating something about the minimum 'grade' of slats on a slatted base.
- slats should be smooth, preferably with chamfered edges to prevent cut through to the mattress underside
- maximum space between slats should be no more than 100mm
- minimum width of slats should be approx. 70mm
- the entire length of the mattress should be supported by slats, i.e.. slat ladder length should be same mattress.
- slats should be secured to bedstead properly to prevent movement of slats
Metal bedsteads with tubular steel bars instead of slats.
- not recommended for use with Silentnight mattresses, these do not offer uniform support and can cut into upholstery causing ridges in sleep surface.
The mattress itself will need to be rotated from top to toe rather than turned over.