Recently Asked Questions
Q: Is the Clarke 2000 ortho suitable for a slated, spring base? Can you give me some more information on the materials it is made from?
It is worth stating something about the minimum 'grade' of slats on a slatted base.
- slats should be smooth, preferably with chamfered edges to prevent cut through to the mattress underside
- maximum space between slats should be no more than 100mm
- minimum width of slats should be approx. 70mm
- the entire length of the mattress should be supported by slats, i.e.. slat ladder length should be same mattress.
- slats should be secured to bedstead properly to prevent movement of slats
Providing your base meets the above criteria you can put a Clarke mattress on it. The mattress contains firm orthopaedic fillings that provide extra support for your back.