Recently Asked Questions
Q: I recently bought a Rest Assured Northwood Tufted single mattress from Argos. We are about to purchase a base for hte bed and wanted to check whether or not this mattress is suitable for both divan and slatted bases.
The mattress can be placed on either a conventional divan base or a slatted base, however, depending on your choice the firmess of the mattress will change.
For instance a platform top base will make the mattress feel very firm whereas a sprung edge base, which acts like a shock absorber will give the mattress a softer feel in comparision.
It is worth stating something about the minimum 'grade' of slats on a slatted base.
- slats should be smooth, preferably with chamfered edges to prevent cut through to the mattress underside
- maximum space between slats should be no more than 100mm
- minimum width of slats should be approx. 70mm
- the entire length of the mattress should be supported by slats, i.e.. slat ladder length should be same mattress.
- slats should be secured to bedstead properly to prevent movement of slats