Recently Asked Questions
Q: Hi, I have recently purchased a king size Bellini 2000 mattress. The steel bed frame I want to go with it has wooden arched slats down either side slightly bowing upwards. Is this this type of base compatable with this mattress? Thank you.
The bowing is a result of the slats being sprung and would not prevent you from putting the Bellini mattress on top of them. We also have the following to advise about wooden slats.
- slats should be smooth, preferably with chamfered edges to prevent cut through to the mattress underside
- maximum space between slats should be no more than 100mm
- minimum width of slats should be approx. 70mm
- the entire length of the mattress should be supported by slats, i.e.. slat ladder length should be same mattress.
- slats should be secured to bedstead properly to prevent movement of slats