Recently Asked Questions
Q: Can I use a kingsize Emeline 1000 Luxury mattress (bought from Argos) with a sprung slat kingsize bedstead with the same dimensions?
You can, however, it is worth stating something about the minimum 'grade' of slats on a slatted base.
- slats should be smooth, preferably with chamfered edges to prevent cut through to the mattress underside
- maximum space between slats should be no more than 100mm
- minimum width of slats should be approx. 70mm
- the entire length of the mattress should be supported by slats, i.e.. slat ladder length should be same mattress.
- slats should be secured to bedstead properly to prevent movement of slats