Here are some of the most commonly asked questions. If you can't find what you're looking for please visit ask us to submit a question to one of our bed experts.
Q: I've bought a Bedstead 1000 Classic mattress for a sleigh bed. The slats on the bed are 5 inches apart - does that give sufficient support to the mattress? Question from John Lynch
A: We have the following recommendations regarding slatted bases.
- slats should be smooth, preferably with chamfered edges to prevent cut through to the mattress underside
- maximum space between slats should be no more than 100mm
- minimum width of slats should be approx. 70mm
- the entire length of the mattress should be supported by slats, i.e.. slat ladder length should be same mattress.
- slats should be secured to bedstead properly to prevent movement of slats