Here are some of the most commonly asked questions. If you can't find what you're looking for please visit ask us to submit a question to one of our bed experts.
Q: Is the Clarke 2000 ortho suitable for a slated, spring base? Can you give me some more information on the materials it is made from? Question from Isis
It is worth stating something about the minimum 'grade' of slats on a slatted base.
- slats should be smooth, preferably with chamfered edges to prevent cut through to the mattress underside
- maximum space between slats should be no more than 100mm
- minimum width of slats should be approx. 70mm
- the entire length of the mattress should be supported by slats, i.e.. slat ladder length should be same mattress.
- slats should be secured to bedstead properly to prevent movement of slats
Providing your base meets the above criteria you can put a Clarke mattress on it. The mattress contains firm orthopaedic fillings that provide extra support for your back.