Here are some of the most commonly asked questions. If you can't find what you're looking for please visit ask us to submit a question to one of our bed experts.
Q: I recently bought a Rest Assured Northwood Tufted single mattress from Argos. We are about to purchase a base for hte bed and wanted to check whether or not this mattress is suitable for both divan and slatted bases. Question from Peter Jones
The mattress can be placed on either a conventional divan base or a slatted base, however, depending on your choice the firmess of the mattress will change.
For instance a platform top base will make the mattress feel very firm whereas a sprung edge base, which acts like a shock absorber will give the mattress a softer feel in comparision.
It is worth stating something about the minimum 'grade' of slats on a slatted base.
- slats should be smooth, preferably with chamfered edges to prevent cut through to the mattress underside
- maximum space between slats should be no more than 100mm
- minimum width of slats should be approx. 70mm
- the entire length of the mattress should be supported by slats, i.e.. slat ladder length should be same mattress.
- slats should be secured to bedstead properly to prevent movement of slats