Here are some of the most commonly asked questions. If you can't find what you're looking for please visit ask us to submit a question to one of our bed experts.
Q: I am going to be buying the Apollo Calypso king size mattress (pocket sprung memory foam) and wanted to know if it was possible to put this mattress on a sprung slatted base? Or would it be better supported on a divan? Question from Cheryl
A: You can put the mattress on a slatted base. However, it is worth stating something about the minimum 'grade' of slats on a slatted base:
- slats should be smooth, preferably with chamfered edges to prevent cut through to the mattress underside
- maximum space between slats should be no more than 100mm
- minimum width of slats should be approx. 70mm
- the entire length of the mattress should be supported by slats, i.e.. slat ladder length should be same mattress.
- slats should be secured to bedstead properly to prevent movement of slats