Recently Asked Questions
Q: I am considering purchasing the 5ft King Size Rest Assured Silver Moon Pocket 1400 Latex Mattress. However I would like to know how thick is the layer of latex? And also do you think this mattress is suitable for a sprung slatted bedstead?
The latex layer is approximately 30mm thick. You can put this mattress on a sprung slatted base however, it is worth stating something about the minimum 'grade' of slats on a slatted base.
- slats should be smooth, preferably with chamfered edges to prevent cut through to the mattress underside
- maximum space between slats should be no more than 100mm
- minimum width of slats should be approx. 70mm
- the entire length of the mattress should be supported by slats, i.e. slat ladder length should be same mattress.
- slats should be secured to bedstead properly to prevent movement of slats
You should also bear in mind that different bases give mattresses a different feel. If you try the mattress in store you should take this into account as generally the mattress in store will be on a firm base or sprung edge base rather than a bedstead frame.