Here are some of the most commonly asked questions. If you can't find what you're looking for please visit ask us to submit a question to one of our bed experts.
Q: Hi, I have recently purchased a king size Bellini 2000 mattress. The steel bed frame I want to go with it has wooden arched slats down either side slightly bowing upwards. Is this this type of base compatable with this mattress? Thank you. Question from jay
The bowing is a result of the slats being sprung and would not prevent you from putting the Bellini mattress on top of them. We also have the following to advise about wooden slats.
- slats should be smooth, preferably with chamfered edges to prevent cut through to the mattress underside
- maximum space between slats should be no more than 100mm
- minimum width of slats should be approx. 70mm
- the entire length of the mattress should be supported by slats, i.e.. slat ladder length should be same mattress.
- slats should be secured to bedstead properly to prevent movement of slats